Sharks dont have bones. Have night vision. Black spots near nose, eyes are special organs to sense electromagnetic fields ⚡️ Grow upto 50000 teeth 🦈 Been around more than 450 million years (older than trees) 😲
Did you know?
There are a group of sharks that live in extreme cold waters of the North Atlantic Ocean. Some of them were tested to be more than 400 years old ( and still young genetically ) 🤯
Greenland sharks (Somniosus microcephalus) are one of the largest species of sharks and are known for their slow growth rate and exceptionally long lifespan.
Here are some key characteristics of Greenland sharks:
* Size and Appearance: Greenland sharks are typically dark gray or black in color and have a thick and elongated body. They can grow to impressive lengths, with females reaching an average size of 4-5 meters (13-16 feet) and males typically being slightly smaller.
* Slow Growth: These sharks have one of the slowest growth rates among all vertebrates. It is estimated that they grow at a rate of only a few centimeters per year. Their slow growth is partly due to their cold habitat and the scarcity of resources in their environment.
* Long Lifespan: Greenland sharks are known for their exceptional longevity. It is believed that they can live for several hundred years, with some individuals potentially reaching ages over 400 years. Their long lifespan is thought to be linked to their slow metabolism and the cold temperatures of their habitat.
* Adaptations to Cold Waters: Greenland sharks have a number of adaptations that allow them to survive in cold waters. They have a thick layer of fat, or blubber, which helps insulate their bodies and retain heat. They also have a specialized blood chemistry that allows them to cope with low temperatures and high levels of urea in their tissues.
* Feeding Habits: These sharks are primarily scavengers and have a reputation for being opportunistic eaters. Their diet consists of a variety of prey, including fish, seals, squid, and even carrion. They are known to be particularly attracted to dead marine mammals and are often found near seal colonies or areas where whales have died.
* Unique Eye Structure: Greenland sharks have distinctively small eyes compared to their body size. This adaptation is believed to be an evolutionary response to the dark, deep waters they inhabit. The reduced eye size helps them conserve energy and adapt to low-light conditions.
Due to their remote habitat and deep-sea nature, studying Greenland sharks can be challenging, and there is still much to learn about their biology and behavior.
( Note: Above image is not part of the NFT | Photo by George D from Pexels )
Men prefer Mariner chains that are thick while women prefer the lighter ones. Either way a Mariner chain necklace is known for its strength. And its also easy to fix when broken. It got its name from the chains used in anchor’s ( infact its also called the anchor chain for this matter ). Owners of a Mariner chain say it also reminds them of the Sea. The design pattern is sturdy with oval links interlocking each other with a bar in the middle. This pattern repeats to give a fantastic look and feel that makes it liked by many globally.
From the rudimentary controllers of the 1970s -to- the hi-tech controllers of today, game controllers are subject to constant change. In the 1980’s Joy sticks and track balls were common to be purchased for playing certain games. Mostly everything was hardwired back to the system. In early 1990’s Sega introduced the smaller pad controllers with directional pad and 6 buttons. During this period, we also saw a suite of game control utilities like wheels, pedals, guns etc. Games were designed having the controllers in mind. Play station introduced the now commonly used face buttons ( with symbols you see in Squid Game ). It also popularised the pads with two analog sticks with rumble functionality. The wireless controllers became common, after the release by Microsoft Xbox Duke controllers. It was followed the remote Wii controllers from Nintendo in mid 2000’s. Which eventually led to more innovation from Sony & Microsoft. They responded with the Play station move and Microsoft Kinect technologies. These controllers played a very important role in the upcoming virtual reality headsets and motion controlled games. With the recent Metaverse and virtual reality trend, we are seeing newer Virtual reality VR controllers become mainstream.
- Layer 1 Blockchain company Zilliqa recently announced the launch of its Web3 based gaming console in 2023. Included with complete web3 features like the wallet, mining software, NFT and minting features. This will enable even the non-crypto masses to play & earn via. crypto. Also has the possibility to push other leading console players like Sony and Microsoft to rethink their console strategy. The future of console gaming!
Chemically, Cadmium red is produced by heating cadmium zinc sulfoselenide at very high temperatures. The year 1919 was when cadmium red came into commercial production, due to the scarcity of the cadmium metal, the color was sparingly used and was very expensive to obtain. Cadmium red offered a deeper and much richer tone compared to other oil & watercolors produced earlier and was preferred by artists.